It’s almost here again — the two-day AAML/ State Bar of Arizona advanced Arizona Family Law Institute, including both the Thursday program and the traditional For Better or For Worse Friday program. Here’s the program brochure FBOFWSeminarBrochure2013.
The Thursday program topics are:
- QDROs and military issues
- Tax filing issues in family cases
- JCA drafting and PC issues
- Psychologist panel, featuring Dr. John Moran, Dr. David Weinstock, and Dr. Philip Stahl
- Foreclosure Issues
- (The new) Uniform Premarital and Marital Agreements Act
- Update on Goodwill issues
- Domestic Violence: Drafting Appropriate Parenting Plans; and the Effects of OOPs on Parenting Plans
- Use of Rule 10
- And a panel discussion on Spousal Maintenance Guidelines.
The Friday program includes:
- Bankruptcy Issues in dissolution
- Anti-deficiency Statutes and Recent Cases
- Preservation and Discovery of Electronic Evidence AND Tracing Cell Phone Text Messages and Retrieving Deleted Electronic Communications
- Review of Appellate Court Memorandum Decisions
- A Judge’s Panel, including Maricopa and Pima County and Court of Appeals Judges
- The always popular legislative and case law update presented by Kathleen McCarthy
- Ethical issues ; and the Hot Tips Panel.
This program is a must-attend for Arizona family law professionals. It will be held at the Chaparral Suites resort in Scottsdale from 9-5 on Thursday January 10 and Friday January 11 — lunch on your own each day.