Randi Kreger, Borderline Personality Disorder expert, and author of the best-selling book Stop Walking on Eggshells, will be doing a training workshop about Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). The workshop is designed to assist family members. The training is to be held in Scottsdale on Saturday October 6, 2012.
The registration brochure details are below. You can register at BPDCentral.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) has been surrounded by many myths that leave people with the disorder and their family members feeling very hopeless. This should not be so. There are many actions that can be taken to markedly reduce the effects of BPD on those who have it an on their families.
This interactive training is a rare opportunity to learn directly from a leading BPD expert how to manage relationships with people who have BPD, to take care of yourself, and to make better and more informed decisions about everyone in your family. Randi helps you get structure back in your life and have more confidence about the future.
Saturday, October 6, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM (PDT)
Location: SkySong (ASU center), 1475 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, 85257
This training will help you:
– understand how BPD impairs thoughts and feelings
– understand the reason for their behaviors
– learn specific skills to set limits and manage your relationship with them
– focus on what you need to do to avoid becoming overwhelmed
– know where to concentrate your efforts
– remove yourself from aggressive conversations
– learn how to help your family member without trying to rescue them
Anyone with a family member who has or may have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Speakers and Trainers
Randi Kreger – Founder and CEO of BPDCentral.com
Frederic Bien, PhD – PDAN – Personality Disorder Awareness Network; CEO, Ad Buying Network
Megan Hunter, MBA – CEO, Life Unhooked, Unhooked Books, HCI Press